Week 1 is in the books and Travis Kelce keeps rolling along. Here are my week 2 tight end tier rankings.
Week 2 Tight End Rankings: Tier 1
- Travis Kelce vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Mark Andrews vs. Miami Dolphins
- Darren Waller vs. Arizona Cardinals
Week 2 Tight End Rankings: Tier 2
- Dallas Goedert vs. Minnesota Vikings
- Zach Ertz @ Las Vegas Raiders
- Kyle Pitts @ Los Angeles Rams
- T.J. Hockenson vs. Washington Commanders
- Pat Freiermuth vs. New England Patriots
Week 2 Tight End Rankings: Tier 3
- Dalton Schultz vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- Dawson Knox vs. Tennessee Titans
- Cole Kmet @ Green Bay Packers
- Gerald Everett @ Kansas City Chiefs
- Tyler Higbee vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Hunter Henry @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 2 Tight End Rankings: Tier 4
- Hayden Hurst @ Dallas Cowboys – Ran the most routes amongst TEs with 50 on 69 snaps. That turned into 8 targets. We would like him more if Tee Higgins was out, but Hurst has big upside on a weekly basis.
- Albert Okwuegbunam vs. Houston Texans
- Logan Thomas @ Detroit Lions
- O.J. Howard @ Denver Broncos
- Evan Engram vs. Indianapolis Colts
Week 2 Tight End Rankings: Tier 5
- David Njoku vs. New York Jets
- Irv Smith Jr. @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Noah Fant @ San Francisco 49ers
- Robert Tonyan vs. Chicago Bears – I like Tonyan, but I also think that the Bears are going to be tough against the TE all season. With coverage by Eddie Jackson, Jaq Brisker, Roquan Smith, and Kyler Gordon at different times, they should make it tough for most TEs to get open.
- Austin Hooper @ Buffalo Bills
- Tyler Conklin @ Cleveland Browns – After digging into the usage for Tyler Conklin in week 1, he definitely belongs in the rankings for week 2. He saw 72 snaps (most at TE), ran 46 routes, and was targeted 7 times.
There are my week 2 tight end tier rankings. Discuss them with me by heading over to our Discord or hit me up on Twitter! Look for my QB, RB, and WR tiers throughout the week, and make sure to check back for updates.