Ok, let’s recap last nights picks first.
- Walker Buehler: It wasn’t the night I was hoping for from Walker. Franmil Reyes ruined all that almost single-handedly. DKP = 17.80
- Julio Teheran: Julio gave up 4ER, but still struck out 8 in 7 innings. DKP = 20.15
- Mike Trout: 1 Walk. Not good enough. DKP = 2
- Carlos Correa: 2 hits, 1 double, 3 RBI, 1 walk. DKP = 16
- Vlad Guerrero Jr.: 2 walks, no hits. DKP = 4
The other guys:
- Ben Zobrist: I had the “If Hitting Leadoff” caveat, he sat, Descalso leadoff with a HR.
- George Springer: 2 Hits, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 Runs. DKP = 25
- JD Martinez: 0-4 with a run. DKP = 2
Alright. Overall, yesterday left me right outside the pay line and unfortunately I went with Trout over Springer in my lineup which was the difference maker. So, let’s move on to tonight. But first, here is LAST NIGHT’S ARTICLE.
We are going to skip obvious picks like Scherzer & deGrom and try to find some gems to use as SP2 if you go with one of those as your SP1.
Corey Kluber, P, Cleveland Indians: $9,400
Kluber has been hit and miss this season, which brings him down to a really palatable $9,400 on DK. Now, he gets a bad Miami offense in one of the best pitching parks in all of baseball. I think he is a great counter to one of the big names above.
Caleb Smith, P, Miami Marlins: $8,600
Smith has been a stud this season, and has scored over 25 DKP in his last 3 starts. At home, he has a minuscule 1.59 ERA and has struck out 22 in 17 innings. Cleveland has also struck out the 10th most vs. left handed pitching. Plus, we have all the ballpark bonuses mentioned on Corey Kluber.
Nolan Arenado, 3B, Colorado Rockies: $5,100
Arenado is a beast, so we don’t have to go too far into that. But, tonight he gets to face a pitcher that isn’t very scary. On top of that, in 27 AB’s vs. Chase Anderson, Arenado is hitting .296 with 4 Home Runs, 5 extra base hits, 10 RBI and only 2 strikeouts. He is going to put the ball in play in a great hitters park in Milwaukee.
Wil Myers, 1B/OF, San Diego Padres: $4,300
This isn’t a particularly great mathup as I like Fried, but Myers is hitting leadoff, which means a good shot at 5+ at bats. I will take that opportunity. Plus, I like to look for guys that are about to come out of a slump. He has scored 0 points in his last 3 games. That means, points at low ownership.
Carlos Correa, SS, Houston Astros: $4,800
Going right back to Carlos Correa tonight. He has been playing really well and gets another matchup that he has raked in. He has hit .294/.455 with a home run, 4 RBI, 5 Walks, in 17 at bats vs. Martin Perez.
Other Plays I Like
- George Springer (OF) & Jose Altuve (2B) vs. Martin Perez
- Tommy La Stella, 2B/3B vs. Marcus Stroman
- Brian McCann, C, vs. Cal Quantrill
- Justin Turner vs. Madison Bumgarner
Stacks I Like
- Atlanta Braves vs. Cal Quantrill
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Madison Bumgarner
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Luke Bard